Sura 39 verse 69-75
69. And the Earth will shine with the light of its Lord: The record (of deeds) will be placed (open); The prophets and the witnessess will be brought forward; and a Just decision pronounced between them; and they will not be wronged (in the least).
70. And to every soul will be paid in full (the fruit) of its deeds; and (God) knows best all that they do.
71. The unbelievers will be led to hell in groups: Until, when they arrive there, its gates will be opened and its keepers will say, "Did not messengers come to you from among yourselves, rehearsing to you the signs of your lord and warning you of the meeting of this day of yours?" The answer will be:"True: but the decree of chastisement has been proven true against the unbelievers!"
72. (To them) will be said:"Enter you the gates of hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) abode of the arrogant!"
73. And those who feared their lord will be led to the Garden in groups:Until behold they arrive there; Its gates will be opened; and its keepers will say: "Peace be upon you! Well have you done! Enter you here to dwell therein."
74. They will say: "Praise be to God, who has truly fulfilled his promise to us, and has given us this land in heritage: We can dwell in the land as we will: how excellent a reward for those who work (righteoussness)!"
75. And you will see the Angels surrounding the Throne (Divine) on all sides, singing glory and praise to their lord. The decision between them (at judgement) will be in (perfect) justice, and the cry (on all sides) will be, "Praise to God, the lord of the worlds!"
If we understand "Salvation" as being "saved" from hell----then this is inadequate for understanding the Islamic position. In Christianity, because of the doctrine of "original sin" everyone is born a sinner and requires "saving" through the "sacrifice of the son of God". But in Islam, we have the Fitra....A concept that honors the inherent goodness in humanity created by God. Because all human beings are created good----they are naturally inclined towards Paradise----unless they choose to not go there.
Fitra(human nature)= Natural/inherent predisposition of goodness that is inclined towards right action and submission to God/Tawheed.
Fitra + Right belief, right intentions, right actions = Paradise
Repentence/Reform - Wrong belief, wrong intentions, wrong actions = Paradise
Rebelliousness + Wrong belief, wrong intentions, wrong actions = Hell
Wrong belief (Division–superiority of one over the other) promotes wrong intentions (Pride, arrogance) that lead to wrong actions (evil)
Right belief (Tawheed—Unity) promotes right intentions (Compassion, tolerance, humility) that lead to right actions (goodness, altruism)
God's will = Right belief that promotes right intentions that lead to right actions for the benefit of all of God's creations.
Human beings are created with an inherent goodness. Therefore when we do evil—we go against (rebel against) the inherent nature God created us with. Pride and arrogance cause rebelliousness (story of Iblis) but humility and gratefulness bring us closer to God. We not only rebel against our human nature, but also against God's will. That is why the punishment (hell) is so fierce. It is a double rebellion.
Surah 30 v 30
"So set your face truly to the religion being upright, the nature in which Allah has made mankind: No change (there is) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the true religion: but most among mankind know not:"
"The highest good is like water which benefits all things and contends with none." Tao te Ching
Do you not see that God is inviting you to heaven?
Why do you throw yourself into a pitfire?
In order to ascend to the abode of the righteous
make knowledge your feet and obedience your wings
In the battleground of our demented world
make a sword from patience and a sheild from faith
Pluck the bird of wisdom from the branch of religion
This world is not the abode of the wise
it is but a passage for us, therefore traverse it.
-----Pir Nasir Khusraw.