Surah 3 verses 45-52
45. Behold! the Angels said: "O Mary, God gives you glad tidings of a word from Him: his name is Massih Isa, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the hereafter and of those nearest to God.
46. He shall speak to the people in childhood and maturity and he shall be of the righteous.
47. She said "O my Lord, How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?" He said, "Even so, God creates what he wills: When he has decreed a matter, he but says to it "Be" and it is.
48. "And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Injil,
49. "And appoint him a messenger to the children of Israel, "(with this message): "I have come to you, with a sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God's leave: and heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I bring the dead into life, by God's leave; and I declare to you what you eat and what you store in your houses. Surely there is a sign for you if you did believe."
50. "(I have come) to attest the Torah which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. So fear God and obey me."
51. "It is God who is my Lord and your Lord; Then worship him. This is a way that is straight."
52. When Isa found unbelief on their part he said: "Who will be my helpers to (the work of) God?" The Diciples said:"We are God's helpers, we believe in God and you bear witness that we are muslims."
Miracle=An effect or extra-ordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
Though language can clarify and edify, words can also be used to veil the truth, to delude. Sometimes, the use of too many words, get in the way of the simplicity of truth....and we miss it in our attempts to decipher the jumble of meaningless words........like the definition of the word "miracle" above.
All known human or natural powers must be ascribed to God if we are to understand truth at all. For, if God wills it "Be" and it is, and this is called a "miracle", then our very existence from our birth to the minutae of the events in our lives to our deaths is also a "miracle" for none of it would "Be" if God did not will it so. Therefore, the very supposition that some things are "extra-ordinary" and only such can be ascribed to the Supernatural/God/Divine....is actually veiling the truth of God.
Today we use defibrillators for those whose hearts have stopped. We use robotics---various "forms" made of metal and silicone that function with a switching on of a button, We are exploring the possibilities of repairing damaged organs and restoring health using stem cell research......maybe these things seem ordinary, maybe not, but none of it would be possible if God did not will it so. Yet we do not see God's compassion and mercy behind our human achievements for, in our muddled use of language, we forget to ascribe them to God. We become blind to the "signs of our Lord."