63. Do you see the seed you sow in the ground?
64. Is it you that cause it to grow or are We the cause?
65. Were it our will, we could make it broken orts. and you would be left amazed.
66. (saying), "We are indeed left with debts"
67. "Indeed we are deprived"
68. See you the water which you drink?
69. Do you rain it down from the clouds or do We?
70. Were it our will, we could make it saltish (unpalatable). Then why do you not give thanks?
71. See you the fire which you kindle?
72. Is it you who grow the tree which feeds the fire, or do We grow it?
73. We have made it an article of comfort and convenience for the denizns of the deserts
74. Then glorify the name of your Lord, the supreme!
It is often the little things in life that bring us the greatest, most sincere joy. Yet, in savoring the happiness of the moment, we overlook to thank God. Often, we are so focused on ourselves, that we overlook the big things too. It is a priveledge to live on this planet, to enjoy the wonders of nature, to eat of the foods from the earth, the sea, and the soil, to have the company of those we love......yet, we forget to thank God.
In this age of abundance and luxury, our attention sometimes wanders to the things we do not have but would like to have. In our pursuit of achievements or success, we forget that our stay here is transitory, that our final destination is to God..... Our God, who is compassionate and merciful and has given us so much.
Instead of looking at all the inconveniences and trails of the day, it is time to strive for an attitude of gratitude for the blessings we have been given. To remember to take the time to thank God, the compassionate and the merciful.
For each new morning with its light
For rest and shelter of the night
For health and food
For love and freinds
For everything your goodness sends
---Thanksgiving by Ralph Waldo Emerson
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts
With our thoughts We make our world
Try to fill your thoughts and your hearts with gratitude today......